Search Engine Ranking Tips
10 things you can do to
improve your search engine results
As well as getting thousands of quality incoming links by using Blog Shot, there’s things you can do to your web pages to improve you chances of ranking highly. Although the following list is not exhaustive, these are the most important on-site SEO tips you can implement to improve your rankings.
- Make sure you have your keywords in the title tag of your web pages.
- Don’t repeat your keywords more than twice in the title tag.
- Don’t have the same keywords in the title tag for every page. Try to dedicate one page to each keyword phrase.
- Don’t waste words by having your company name in the title tag. You will rank on your company name anyway. Title tags can have up to 60 characters.
- Write a description tag that encourages the reader to click on your link in the search engine results page.
- Try to include your keywords in heading, sub-headings and paragraph contents.
- Try to get a keyword density of around 3% of visible text.
- Put you keywords in image file names and image alt-tags.
- Link out to appropriate sites from your body copy.
- If your web site allows it, put your keywords in the web page file names. Example: bali-holiday.html
=============== SAMPLE META TAGS ===============
<TITLE>Bali Holiday? Book Your Bali Holiday here and Save</TITLE>
<META NAME=”description” CONTENT=”A wonderful Bali Holiday awaits you. Great beaches, great sites and great food all at a bargain package price.“>
<META NAME=”keywords” CONTENT=”bali,holiday,vacation,cheap bali holiday, bali hotel, bali resorts“>
=============== SAMPLE WEB PAGE CONTENTS ===============
Bali Holiday – Best Value in the Pacific
Planning your Bali Holiday
One of Australia’s most popular tourist destinations is Bali. Holidays in Bali represent good value and an interesting visual, culinary and cultural experience. Bali lies 3.2 km east of Java and approximately 8 degrees south of the equator. East to west, the island is approximately 153 km wide and 112 km north to south (95 by 69 miles, respectively), with a surface area of 5,632 km².
The highest point is Mount Agung at 3,142 m (10,308 feet) high, an active volcano that last erupted in March 1963. Mountains cover centre to the eastern side, with Mount Agung the easternmost peak. Mount Batur (1,717 m) is also still active. About 30,000 years ago it experienced a catastrophic eruption — one of the largest known volcanic events on Earth.
Things to Do During Your Bali Holiday
There’s a wide variety of things to do and see during your Bali Holiday. Even budget conscious holiday makers can enjoy a multiplicity of outdoor activities in Bali’s fantastic climate. The Ngurah Rai International Airport is located near Jimbaran, on the isthmus joining the southernmost part of the island to the main part of the island.
Bali Holiday Tips and Tricks
When planning your Bali Holiday, it’s a good idea to work out a travel budget and an activity budget. The travel budget get’s you there and gets you home, whereas the activity budget is a daily allowance that includes food, accommodation, shopping and activities.